Visual Freedom with ICL
The EVO Visian ICL procedure uses EVO implantable collamer lenses to enhance vision. Patients can say goodbye to the daily hassle of contact lenses or eyeglasses. With over 2 million lenses distributed, EVO has achieved a satisfaction rate of 99.4%.
At Golden Vision Optometry, we want to offer our patients the best possible vision correction experience. Book a consultation today to learn if you’re a candidate for EVO ICL vision correction.
What Is ICL?
An implantable collamer lens (ICL) is a type of phakic intraocular lens (pIOL). Intraocular lenses are commonly used in cataract surgery, where the eye’s natural lens is replaced with an artificial lens (an IOL). However, with phakic lenses, including the EVO ICL, the artificial lens is placed without removing tissue.
ICL surgery benefits include:
- Correct high prescriptions: EVO can treat a range of prescriptions, including severe myopia, which may not be possible with most refractive surgeries. The EVO ICL surgery can correct myopia from -3.00 to -20.00 diopters.
- Faster recovery: No tissue is removed, so recovery is generally quicker. Additionally, patients with thin corneas (poor candidates for LASIK) can still qualify for ICL.
- No dry eyes: Laser corrective procedures, such as LASIK or PRK, can increase a patient’s risk of developing dry eye. ICL is less likely to cause dry eye, providing patients with chronic dryness a better alternative.
- Night vision: A risk of some refractive surgery procedures is reduced night vision. The EVO ICL provides great night vision.
- Reversible (if necessary): Although intended to provide permanent vision correction, the procedure is reversible as the lens can be removed if necessary.
The EVO Visian ICL procedure takes 20–30 minutes. However, the appointment usually lasts longer, including preparation and observation after the procedure. Patients can return home the same day but should arrange a ride.
Before the procedure begins, your eye doctor will administer eye drops to numb your eyes and dilate your pupils. The surgeon creates a small incision at the base of the cornea to insert the EVO lens. The flexible lens is folded and inserted through the opening. After insertion, the surgeon makes adjustments to ensure the lens is placed properly.
The surgeon will administer eye drops or ointment. Additionally, they may place an eye patch to protect the eye. Patients will return for a follow-up appointment the next day so the surgeon can examine the eye and evaluate recovery. Additional follow-up appointments are typically scheduled within 1 month and then another within 6 months.
As with any eye surgery, the EVO ICL procedure has benefits and risks. Your eye doctor at Golden Vision Optometry can assess your eye health to determine if you’re a candidate for ICL surgery. After your procedure, your optometrist will also monitor your vision and eye health to help you manage your life-long eye care.
Regular eye exams can help your optometrist watch over changes to eye structures and vision. ICL surgery can affect fluid circulation in the eye, potentially leading to increased eye pressure and risk of eye conditions, including cataracts, glaucoma, and retinal detachment. At Golden Vision Optometry, we provide glaucoma screening to evaluate eye pressure and provide treatment when necessary. Booking glaucoma screenings after ICL surgery can help reduce risks.
Learn More About ICL
Ready to leave your glasses behind? Find out if the EVO ICL procedure is right for you. With vision correction co-management, Golden Vision Optometry is committed to guiding patients through every step. We can help you find a qualified surgeon and assist with aftercare.
When you have questions about vision correction, contact us! We are proud to be an educational resource for our patients. Talk to your optometrist at Golden Vision Optometry to learn more about the EVO ICL.
We have 9 convenient locations throughout California to serve you. We’re constantly growing, so you and your family always have access to the services you need.
Our Google Reviews
Check us out on Instagram
Error: No feed found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.